Posted / Last update: 15-02-2011
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with around 93,000 employees in more than 90 countries and territories.
The headquarters are in The Hague, Netherlands, and the Chief Executive Officer is Peter Voser. The parent company of the Shell group is Royal Dutch Shell plc, which is incorporated in England and Wales.
Shell’s strategy seeks to reinforce the position as a leader in the oil and gas industry in order to provide a competitive shareholder return while helping to meet global energy demand in a responsible way.
Shell by numbers (figures for 2010):
- + 90 countries where Shell operates
- ~93,000 number of employees
- 48% of the production is natural gas
- 16.8 million tonnes of LNG sold
- 3.3 million barrels of gas and oil produced every day
- 43,000 Shell service stations worldwide
- 145 billion litres of fuel sold
- >30 refineries and chemical plants Shell runs
Upstream explores for and extracts crude oil and natural gas.
Downstream refines, supplies, trades and ships crude worldwide, manufactures and markets a range of products, and produces petrochemicals for industrial customers.
Projects & Technology manages delivery of Shell’s major projects and drives the research and innovation to create technology solutions.