The Maxol GroupAudio version
Posted / Last update: 21-01-2013
The Maxol brand is one of the most familiar and recognized brands in Ireland thanks to a network of 218 distinctive blue and yellow branded service stations and 45 oil distributors with their fleets of blue and yellow painted vehicles. Although the Maxol name itself was only introduced in 1972, the Company has a long and interesting history dating back to the start of the career of its founder William G. McMullan in 1914. Maxol is proud of the fact that today it has a service station and/or distributor in every county in Ireland and indirectly employs an estimated 1,200 people.
The Company, which is Ireland’s oldest and foremost independent oil company is entirely Irish owned, and is one of the largest and oldest family owned concerns in the country. The Maxol Group is part of McMullan Bros. Limited and encompasses Maxol Limited and Maxol Lubricants Limited in the Republic of Ireland and Maxol Oil Limited in Northern Ireland. The Maxol Group markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to all sectors of the Irish Market, through its Service Station, Commercial, Home Heating Oil and Lubricants divisions.
The Group which was incorporated in 1920 has grown considerably in recent years organically and through strategic bolt-on acquisitions and has a turnover today in excess of €700m.