The shortlist for the 2012 Insight NACS International Convenience Retailer of the Year Award has been announcedAudio version
The standard of the entries and the supporting video and photographic material has been first class and ensured the judging panel has been put through its paces to determine the six finalists. The shortlist features retailers from Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, the US and the UK - highlighting the international reach of convenience retailing and top concepts.
Each of the six finalists has differentiated their convenience offer and innovations abound across the key entry criteria of format innovation, range, people development, customer service initiatives, corporate social responsibility, technology and results. Insight has been impressed by the submissions and especially by the way in which the finalists are meeting consumer’s changing and evolving convenience needs. Their offers chime with the requirements of convenience shoppers both locally and on-the-go.
Now it’s over to Global C-Store Focus, NACS and Petrolplaza readers to read the finalists’ profiles, watch the videos, and vote for the overall winner. On each shortlisted retailer profile, readers have the opportunity to vote for their preferred choice. To qualify readers need to work in the global convenience and petroleum retail industry, as retailers or suppliers:
- BP Connect, New Zealand
- Musgrave Centra, Rochestown, Ireland
- Spar Ireland, J14/Spar Express, Ireland
- Spar UK, Walthamstow, UK
- Statoil Fuel & Retail, Norway
- Tesco Fresh & Easy Express, USA
The International Convenience Retailer 2012 award will be presented in front of an international audience of leading convenience operators at the Insight/NACS Future of International Convenience Retailing 2012 event in London, 24–28 September 2012.
2012 Award Judges
- Joe Bona, president, retail division, CBX
- Frank Gleeson, retail director, Topaz
- Ramon Kuijpers, international key accounts manager, Reemtsma Cigarettenfabriken GmbH, an Imperial Tobacco Group company
- Don Longo, editor-in-chief, Convenience Store News & Single Store Owner
- Dan Munford, managing director, Insight Research
- Stephanie Rice, founder of Rice Retail Marketing
- Jeff Rogut, executive director at the Australian Association of Convenience Stores